Thursday, February 11, 2010

I didn't tell you about the other day, when my host dad (Manolo) and I went for a walk with the dog in the afternoon and he had some business or other to do and said I could keep walking wherever and then take Carnela home. She almost got run over. I nearly died. I wouldn't know how to say, 'Sorry, I just killed your dog about thirty seconds after you left because she refused to let me hold her leash and then she ran off onto the road; please don't hurt me".

Yesterday we went grocery shopping and my host mum, Angelenes, tried to get me to buy all this stuff I didn't need (or want), and tonight we had a great time just chatting and laughing and stuff - I'm getting on quite well with all my host siblings, Adrian, Raquel and Manuel (who wears his pants halfway down his butt and makes me laugh with his English and the funny things he does). I don't, however, want this to be a bit of a premature statement to make and have things fall apart two weeks down the track.

One more mishap, too: this evening, after enrolling at some school I'm going to go to on Mondays and Thursdays for language classes, my host dad left me in front of the school because he needed to go to work and as I headed home, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. I didn't take a turn I was supposed to and had a slight panic when I found myself stuck in a grid of streets with no idea which direction was which, no money and no mobile (though I did have a dictionary). It turned out all right when I backtracked and actually looked where I was going, so no harm done. Unfortunately, I still have no school to attend, for some reason; we did have a chat to Manuel's school this arvo but I didn't quite understand the reason for me not being able to go there. So I suppose that means that tomorrow I will wash more dishes, do more laundry and play Restaurant City on Facebook (yeah, I know) and maybe venture out to buy some shoes. Maybe I'll mop the floor.

I've also got a couple of pictures for you: one is of Alberto (I think that's his name, but I could be wrong), Raquel's boyfriend, helping Manolo fix the front door last night (he told me to delete it, but I didn't, obviously), and the view from my window (sans the usual pigeon flock).





Adrian said we might go to the movies tomorrow, and Angelenes said when she's got some free time we'll go to the supermercado together and buy stuff so I can cook Chinese for them (though I think their idea of Chinese is a bit unChinese-y). Mum, help!

No comments:

Post a Comment